Saturday, April 24, 2010

Help updating to IE 7...it semms to hang.?

I say seems to hang because it does not respond but when you check Task Manager under processes it's CPU usage is changing over time. However it's CPU usage is VERY high, it's using anywhere from 45 to 50% of the CPU. When I install the update it takes a while but seems to go fine, then on restart it changes my IE icon to version 7's icon, when I open it it sits there with a blank screen with one tab at the top which reads "connecting........" This is all it does, I can access nothing within it but it continues to consume my CPU but never gets flagged by Task manager as not responding. I just updated my dad's computer and it works fine, now I do it on mine and I have to run system restore and restore to the point just before I ran the update to get my old IE back. Can anyone help???



Help updating to IE 7...it semms to hang.?windows updates





It continues to hang because of some other software that is currently running in the background (in most cases). I would either use the Task Manager to shut down any unecessary programs that you do not currently need to be operating at the time prior to installation of the new IE 7. Another option is to turn some programs off permantely using the MSCONFIG command. To do this, you begin as follows:



1. Click on Start



2. Click on Run



3. Type in MSCONFIG in the field, hit enter



4. Once the program opens, click on the Startup tab



5. Review the programs that start up each time your computer starts. If they are not necessary, take the check mark out.



6. Once you complete this task, click on OK and restart your machine.



Good luck!



Help updating to IE 7...it semms to hang.?replacement windows internet explorer



IE 7 should not effect your Interent connection and as a result I think you need to check the new Internet settings.



As you said it should work automatically...



I must also point out that 50% is pretty high for CPU usage during Internet use.



I would use the http://www.microsoft.com for the best troubleshoot help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services