Saturday, April 24, 2010

Problems with this IE, help?

I will try and give as many details possible. Whenever I go to open a window browser starts to freeze, it happens alot in MySpace, I get the message IE encountered a problem and needs to close. Sometimes it happens checking email too but it didn't happen with this site at all. When it happens I could only be at a site for like 5 seconds then it's closing. I took advice and d/l Firefox I didn't care for that because it was taking forever for a page to load and some things you couldn't see, I am now trying Opera but that is also slow at loading a page and I don't quite understand that. People said a bug, so I did a Norton, nothing showed. I d/l Spybot and it found things which I got rid of. Puter worked well for 1 day and now it's back to doing the same thing oh and I did a system restore and like I said it worked one day.



When that message popped up I checked what was with it and it was this long link and the end was .txt. I have Windows XP, service pack 1 and I think the IE is 5 or 6.



Problems with this IE, help?microsoft xp





XP with SP1, and you don't know the version of IE? That's your problem. Downloading SP2 and all the updates for XP and IE will more than likely solve those problems unless it is something else but I'm willing to say the updates will help and highly recommend them for security purposes. I believe the updates in SP2 feature security updates for IE also.



Problems with this IE, help?download windows xp internet explorer



a
Thats an easy one u have to update ur IE but im not suure how ur gonna get on the website since it closes or freezes so i would say delete ur internet exployer and then go to windows update. it should give the the latest IE.. as well websites contain bugs as well as music dwnloading programs such as lime wire ..etc so i would try to not dwn load music or files online from a website ur not to suure from. i hope this works but not then send a message to me and ill probably find a way.
Likely, you need to update either your browser or one of your add-ons.



First, upgrade to Service Pack 2, and restart, to let the upgrades take.



Second, make sure that your Flash Player has updated to Flash 9 (which is the current release used by MySpace).



Finally, if you are still having trouble, click on the Tools tab on your tool bar, select Internet Options, click the Program tab, and select the "Manage Add-ons" button to make sure that they are updated.
If you're running XP, you're running I.E. 6. Get the updates. You also need to update to XP SP2.
It sounds like you might still have a trojan downloader on your computer that is "phoning home" and delivering new malware to your computer on a periodic basis. I would try a free online scan with Ewido:



http://www.ewido.net/en/



Ewido is excellent for removing trojans that other anti-virus and anti-spy programs always seem to miss.



Opera should run really really fast, that is a reason that I suspect that you still have a malware problem.



BTW, doing a system restore shortly after doing malware removal is a huge no no . If you restore back to a point BEFORE you removed the malware, you will actually restore the viruses, spyware, and other assorted junk that you just removed!



And oh yeah, you should seriously consider an upgrade to SP2, ONLY once you are sure you are 100% malware free. SP2 is much more secure.



Hope this helps a bit.



Good luck.
firefox
this means u have a virus.



if u dont take care of it soon, it will eat up ur computer
account a we-blocker



the email is giving your computer viruses which freezes and lag your cmputer. if your computer isn;t firewalled get that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services