Saturday, April 24, 2010

Help! Upgrading to IE 7 casued big problems.?

I upgraded to IE 7 in order to get the enhanced security benefits. When I installed the new version, IE opens but then is unresponsive. I have to close out of it and use Mozilla to get on the net. Same thing happens when I open Windows Media Player--just stays unresponsive. When I uninstall IE7 and go back to the old version, everything works fine. I have installed/unistalled 5 times with restarts; no change. Can anyone help?



Help! Upgrading to IE 7 casued big problems.?microsoft updates





I'm not an expert but the author if this website is. She specifically mentions a couple of things that can affect a successful install. Like having to reboot twice after installing.



http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.htm...



And Microsoft has some words of wisdom as well:



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926449/e...



When I first installed IE7 I had a boatload of problems starting with the actual installation. Instead of uninstalling and then reinstalling, I tried a repair install. (Similar to what I've done with XP.) Instead of removing the existing copy I just downloaded another copy on top of the first. And that solved my install problems. Then I found this article which basically says the same thing in the very last paragraph.



http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_delete_and_r...



Some people swear by IE7 as being the greatest thing since sliced bread. I kept swearing AT it and eventually went back to IE6 because of all the other problems I was having. I wish you good luck.



plrr



Help! Upgrading to IE 7 casued big problems.?windows server 2003 internet explorer



Make sure you got Windows XP Genuine. In short are you using a licensed Windows XP product?
keep your old version. GO on filehippo.com to get a different music player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services